Monroe-Brown Internship Program
The Monroe-Brown Internship Program provides high quality internships with hourly wages, valuable networking opportunities and up to $3,000 in scholarship funding to all student participants. The program is open to:
- Kalamazoo College: incoming juniors, seniors and graduate students
- Western Michigan University: incoming juniors, seniors and graduate students
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College: incoming second year students
- Davenport University (Kalamazoo Campus only): incoming juniors and seniors
- Michigan State University: incoming juniors, seniors and graduate students who graduated from a Kalamazoo Area approved high school
- University of Michigan: incoming juniors, seniors and graduate students who graduated from a Kalamazoo Area approved high school
Students apply for internships directly through the participating companies, which will be announced each January. The employers will work independently to hire their interns, using the criteria and hiring methods that they choose. Based upon availability, each participating company may have up to two internship positions per program year.
Once the intern is hired, he or she will work for the company for a minimum of 400 hours between April 15 and August 31. (This is typically full-time for ten weeks, but can be customized to suit the needs of the individual companies and interns.) During that time, the companies pay the interns at least minimum wage.
Upon successful completion of the internship, as decided by the employing company, both the company and the Monroe-Brown Foundation will pay the intern a $500 bonus — a total of $1,000. Additionally, the Monroe-Brown Foundation will provide one payment of $2,500 at the end of the first successfully-completed semester following the internship period. For tax purposes, all payments from the Monroe-Brown Foundation must be made directly to the school and applied to the student's account.
To apply for a Monroe-Brown Internship go to: http://miinternship.com/monroe-brown-internship-program/
We are not taking grant applications at this time.