Mission
The Monroe-Brown Foundation is dedicated to higher education, specifically in Kalamazoo County and at the University of Michigan. In addition, it will promote the growth of jobs in Kalamazoo County which will accomplish its goal of keeping the most talented and entrepreneurial students in the community.

A Living Memorial
The Monroe-Brown Foundation is a memorial to the lives of Albertine Monroe Brown and Robert Judson Brown. Albertine and Robert were committed to the importance of education. They dedicated their lives to the belief that no inquisitive mind should be wasted and that motivated students should be encouraged and assisted to reach their maximum potential. Albertine and Robert were married in 1935. They had three children: Gail, Robert and Jane, who have been trustees since the inception of the Foundation.

   

History of the Foundation
On December 31, 1986, the Monroe-Brown Foundation was established for the purpose of promoting higher education for Michigan students. The Foundation has provided major support for the Kalamazoo Math and Science Center, Excellence in Education, Kalamazoo College, University of Michigan, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, and Western Michigan University. In its history, more than 8 million dollars have been contributed to higher education causes.

Vision for the Future
The Monroe-Brown Foundation is dedicated to promoting a healthy economic environment in which scholars educated in the Kalamazoo area become permanent contributors to the community workforce upon graduation. The foundation envisions that economic growth and workforce development in the area will provide job opportunities for graduates of Michigan colleges and universities.

Trustees
(back row L to R)
Robert Monroe Brown, President
Frederick Owen Brown
Robert M. Brown, Jr.
Albert John Todd, IV
(front row L to R)
Jane Brown Todd
John C. Wattles
Gail Brown Kasdorf